There’s one word to keep in mind this winter: LAYERING. Why? Because it gives you an immense amount of versatility going through different climates in your day. When going to work, you need to bundle up. But at work, you need to be comfortable and not too hot. Hence, a lightweight wool v-neck is a MUST. My fave crave for this post is the Express Merino Wool V-neck Sweater:
Why I like it: I have the 2008 and 2009 version of this sweater. I preferred the 2008 version because it was thicker and more fitted than the 2009 version. Also, the 2009 version was almost TOO thin. I had a 2009 navy one which started tearing after less than a year. Thankfully, the 2010 version has gone back to the 2008 sturdiness and fittedness.
- The “V” is a perfect depth for wearing a shirt or button up underneath
- The thickness of the sweater is light enough to be worn under a coat and heavy enough to be worn without a jacket
- The material has an elastic property, so the sweater adheres to your body shape
- The material isn’t itchy – it isn’t as soft as cotton, but it’s a smoother wool that feels pretty good
How you can wear it:
- Over a v-neck shirt
- Over a v-neck shirt with a scarf
- Over a button-up (open collar)
- Over a button-up with a tie
- Over each of these looks, you can throw a blazer, coat, or jacket over your sweater to complete the ensemble!
Where you can get it: Visit any Express store or check out this link on their website. It’s $60 bucks a pop, but they have deals almost every week, so be sure to pick up 2 or 3! Great colors to get are navy, grey, charcoal, black, lavender, and burgundy.
So grab some today and make it a fall and winter staple in your wardrobe!